Friday, January 2, 2015

Dear Sophist

How is it that when I call attention to your racism/homophobia/misogyny/blatant dishonesty, I'm a card carrying member of the "PC Police," but the second your spineless sensibilities are offended, it's all "HOW DARE YOU?" and "I THINK THIS CROSSES A LINE."

And why the all-caps?

Perhaps it's because you're an intellectual coward. Projection is a bread-and-butter tool of the intellectual coward's arsenal. You make shit up, and when it's thrown back in your face, you accuse the thrower of having dealt the shit in the first place. You're a hypocrite. But as I've said before, that's the thing with hypocrisy, it's only okay when you're the one who is being hypocritical, right?

I'm not a hypocrite for preaching tolerance and subsequently having no tolerance for intolerance. But do keep trying to trivialize the struggle for tolerance by making this fallacious argument. Also, you're not funny. Yeah, you can make babies laugh, but babies are also prone to shitting themselves. That is both literally true and a metaphor. Put some fucking effort into this and you'll figure it out.

It's okay, you have absolutely no interest in listening to or even trying to comprehend my point of view. So, no matter how hard I try, no matter how well-reasoned my position is, it will fall on blind eyes and deaf ears.

And you will then have the nerve to turn around and call me out on my silence.

It's a never ending game for you.

You are a sophist. You could argue yourself out of existence if you wanted.

Actually, please, do that.




No comments:

Post a Comment